Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hydrattion is important...

How about the heat this week in Missouri.  First it was cold, wet and nasty and now it it has went straight to summer.  Here is a little lesson for us all.

Out playing golf a couple of years ago in our Pro-Member I was on my seventeenth hole and I began to feel a little winded.  I had been sweating all day in one of those hot, humid days in Missouri.  As I got back in my cart to go to the eigthteenth tee I really felt exhausted.  I got to the tee and said "Boys, I don't think I can hit this shot."  Of course they all hit it everywhere so I got up and hit anyway.  By the time we got out in the fairway I felt like I just needed to lay down.  My cart partner seen me start to do this and came to me and started putting ice cold towells on me.  Felt great but I still could not catch my breath.He got me back in
the cart and took me to the clubhouse.  I could not get out of the cart and walk in.  I was completely drained.  An ambulance was called and I had a lot of help from by standers with trying to cool me down.  The paramedics immediately put ice cold towels under my armpits and in the groin area and that did the trick.

Long story short, keep hydrated with water or something like gatorade (not beer).  If you get like I did put the towels in the armpits and groin area to help reduce the bodies temperature, I learned my lesson the hard way.  Don't be the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment