Friday, October 16, 2009

"Swing Thoughts"

Everyone has a certain swing thought when they stand over the ball and get ready to pull the trigger.  Hopefully yours is not "Whats for dinner tonight?"  If so, then you probably aren't going to make a very good swing at it.

When I stand over the ball, sometimes a lack of confidence tends to creep in my mind.  Maybe I have been hitting it crooked or I can't get the chip shot off the ground and you tend to remember those things.  Stop it!  Back off the shot and visualize it.  Hit it! 

So many times we stand over the ball way to long with to many thoughts.  Not only does it lead to a slow round but it also can lead to a bad shot.

When I stand over the ball, I try to think about one thing.  For me that is making a full shoulder turn.  The turn takes me to a restriction point.  That means I take the club back with that turn to a point that I can without raising up.  When I do this I won't slide on it when I bring it back down to the ball.  Of course other things come into play when you make a swing.  But the ball remains in play and not on someones back porch or in the trees.

I am interested in what you think.  Let us all know and you may be able to help someone with his/her game.

No comments:

Post a Comment